Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!!!! (A Note About "Friends")

Awwww.....I'm humbled by the  Facebook messags, texts, emails and well wishes from friends I haven't spoken to in years. It's a nice birthday wish considering that as we get older we tend to think of ourselves as somewhat "irrelevant" well-I did anyway. Until today.

As cliche and corny as it sounds it is the thought that counts. To know that you are on somebody's mind and that  they take that brief second or so out of their lives to "honor" you is humbling and gratifying.

So...I thought it appropriate to send a quick shout out to those who wished me well today-friends from near and far-friends who remembered me from way back when I was somebody, and I did things, and connected with people, like when I was blogging all the time. I felt connected back then, and I'll admit, without writing, or blogging, I felt lonely, and friendless. I didn't have anything to share, and nobody to share with.

However, that changed today. I suppose there's much to be said for social networking. Thanks to my friends for checking in. You have encouraged me to stay relevant. You  have reminded me of my worth as a human being, and as a writer.  You have reminded me that I have something to offer and I am enternally grateful for that.

To my friends (and family) that reached out; I thank you-you can never know how much.

If I were to say that I wasn't bothered by the fact that I'm getting older I would be lying. I do not take for granted the speed at which life passes, and I also realize that I have been idle, laying around acting as though I have all the time in the world to accomplish my goals when in actually, I do not.

So on this my 36th birthday I am announcing to the world-and all the people in my life who have encouraged me, motivated me, believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. Again, you all know who you are, and you have supported me unconditionally. I will not let you down, most importantly I will not let myself down.

I have taken the first step in creating this blog-the next is the hardest, but I will remember this day and the promise I made: and this is to keep writing. This is what I was born to do, writing makes me happy and in the end that is all that matters. Everything else will fall into place. 


So, thanks again friends. As a present to myself, I will post the first installment of one of my stories...stay tuned...

And last but not least, I want to give a shout out to Dawn Campbell. I'm honored to call you friend. This is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment