Thursday, January 3, 2013

One twin down, the other one with grandma so I have a few minutes to kill...these days it seems as though the boys don't sleep longer than 10 minutes at a time, which kinda hampers my style. To tell you the truth, I wasn't even expecting this mid-day gift. Both the boys are occupied so I have time to write. I am in artist recovery right now so I do morning pages every day: 3 pages of stream of conscious writing. The whole thing is supposed to get me back into my creative mode. I'm proud of myself. I've truly been sticking with it. The only thing is I said that the morning pages would be more or less for the frivolous bullshit I worry about or need to get off my chest and the blog would be for more serious writing. Well, looks like that hasn't been able to happen yet. Not that I haven't been thinking of all the serious shit that's going on: fissaray in Washington over Fiscal Cliff and the fact that New York got stiffed by Congress over Sandy funds-Boehner's getting stiffed by his party, I'm no Boehner fan but I feel really sorry for him. His party has been hijacked and he's been held hostage. Other news: I want to add my voice to the controversy surrounding my man Quentin Tarantino's film Django but I cannot because I haven't seen the movie and I don't know when I will. Awwwww hell, that's never stopped me before...but I suppose I won't be sticking to my principals if I go ahead and wax socio-political on a mnovie I haven't seen. I'm trying to change my ways.The only thing I can say, based on my friends reaction to the movie-most everyone thought it was tasteless. I supposes dealing with slavery in Hollywood is a difficult task to undertake and of course, leave it to Tarantino to tackle it. Anyway, from what I understand he wanted to give Black folks a hero-he said we deserve one and I guess that was his intent. Of course, with this type of film you have to allow for dramatic license and I applaud Tarantino for wanting his hero to take on the most deplorable institution known to man. That's really all I can say since I haven't seen it. I've heard the controversy over the use of the word nigger. If our own people and everybody else has bastardized the word (with nary the outrage or even the threat of a boycott i.e: pulling the money: a la other racial groups who refuse to endorse or embrace anything that degrades or humiliates them) why should the entertainment industry care? Especially when they profit from the use of the word? N!@#$ please! Until some real accountability is taken, and by real accountability it doesn't begin or end with the use of the word nigger, but with the ridiculous stereotypes too many of us embrace which degrade and criminalize us. At least Tarantino's nigger is a hero to his people. He is right? Damn-just when things are getting interesting...I must go because twin B aka Nimble Noah is trying to wedge himself between myself and the computer. I'm typing with one finger now because I/m trying to hold his still wobbly three-month old head up with my other hand. (Blame HIM for any mistakes or inconsistencies. Until the next time we meet-I bid you adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment