Saturday, March 16, 2013

Someone

I want somenoe to dance with (besides the kids) Someone to rock out to Ben Harper with on my air guitar Someone who doesn't leave the room because he doesn't dig the songs I keep putting on repeat that mean so damn much to me How is it after all these years you still don't seem to get me Or my fascination with Girls I can tell your judging me You claim I go someplace else when I write-that I'm not there And you need me. Babe please understand I have to go there to get it right I always come back; this is my reality I can't escape it though I may try every once in a while Here I am, with you but alone Sitting in the living room in silence playing with our future-and they love it all giggles and smiles You lay in the bedroom, stuck in your pride We planned this, remember? Maybe you wanted it more than me. But now that I have it, I can't let go. I won't let go Although, sometimes I feel stuck here Like I'm settling, ill at ease, unhappy I've done it my whole life. Fortunately this time there's no running for me. Unless you come. and we can bring the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment