Thursday, May 21, 2015

Beautiful Sky

God. It's been a crazy few days. Back and forth between Brooklyn and the Bronx, PMS,...the twins. I've had no time to write. I feel bad about that because I made a promise to myself to at least write something every day but it's been difficult.  I was also doing better about exercising every morning until recently, I've just been too tired to devote to the routine I started.  I was able to do at least 15 minutes a day of strength training so that's not nothing.


Also, the house is filthy. I can't work when I feel like there are all of these other things that need to be done. By the time the kids get up, groomed, dressed and fed, the day is practically over. I don't want to write.  But I know I must. So, today, I committed to it-but the thing that pisses me off is that it's almost 10:30 and I wanted to have been done this portion of writing already but the bathroom wouldn't let me wait. It had to be taken care of, which actually is not so bad considering that I was able to take care of the bathroom while the kids were eating. But I wanted to read them a book while they were eating because they pay better attention when they are preoccupied with food-but of course, I missed that boat too. So, they were cranky and wanted out of their high chairs;  ( I can't blame them for that-and I was anticipating them watching a little Cat in the Hat while I worked) but they didn't want to watch t.v. they wanted to run a muck in the living room,which I'll be honest, sometimes I allow them to do because I'm just too physically exhausted to fight but today I knew I would get nothing done, beat myself up about all the time I wasted so I had to throw them back in the bedroom behind the gate whether they liked it or not. Of course, they did not. As we speak, it's like the two of them are competing for ear-bleed scream of the day award. It's brutal. But, here I am doing my best to ignore them.

I realize that I am being a bit too hard on myself. I have to do things as I have time to do them, it's just that well with the little time I have, I don't want to do anything. Hence my perpetual conundrum.
Anyway, I've also not been writing because I've been taking the kids out to the park so they can run around which is all they want to do anyway, and that's fine because by the time I get them home they are crashed out. But after the effort that it takes to get them out there...by the time I come home and get them fed and they are in bed...well...you know how it goes.  So, I try to take some pictures and get my creative juices flowing while I'm out there and I took this picture that I'm sharing today. I'm going to go because I have some other business I must attend to before I take them upstairs to wreak unholy havoc on grandma's house.

Here ends today's morning pages...

No comments:

Post a Comment