Saturday, July 12, 2014

RETROSPECT Back when i didn't care what i said, or what i did I lived I was beautiful. I was young. I was confident. I was stupid. I was free I was unafraid to go in the direction of my dreams Even though I had no idea where the fuck I was going, or how to get there. Now I'm stuck. You got rid of your panther, I always knew you would. I couldn't afford to get rid of mine so here it is a hideous stain of what once was that i can never get rid of. When people ask me what it is, I chuckle and remember the story so perhaps-in retrospect-it was worth it. On the other hand, in retrospect, It reminds me of you and it reminds me of the simple promises we made to each other that seemed impossible to break like us. Or so we thought. Retrospect is a luxury that along with many other things I've had to give up, I can no longer afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment